I know it’s been awhile since my last post, but I wanted to share some awesome mental health resources with you so that you will always have them in a crisis!
First of all, I’d like to share a reminder about mental health with you that has helped me immensely to alleviate the feelings of “incompetency” I sometimes feel when thinking about getting professional therapy help: there is NO SHAME in getting help – after all, no one gives us a manual when we’re born on how to live life to the fullest!
The following is a list of resources I’ve personally tried to help me work out difficulties and calm down:
- Free Guided Meditations by UCLA’s Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Deep Breathing Exercise to Stop Panic Attack
- Journal it out! You can buy a journal/planner combination book I personally find very useful for gathering and processing my stressful and anxious thoughts here.
- 7 Cups – a completely FREE active listening resource in case you need someone to listen while you gather your thoughts or work through anxieties. If you need professional help, you can also contact a therapist here.
- Calming YouTube Meditation for Stopping an Anxiety Attack
- Help For Overactive Mind at Bedtime
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Call 1-800-273-8255 NOW (Available 24/7)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – Call 800.656.HOPE (4673) NOW (Available 24/7)
Wishing you success, health, calm, love, and peace.
Rozalyn Davis holds an M.S., Chemistry, from the University of California, Berkeley, and a B.S., Chemistry, from Purdue University. Her interests include women’s empowerment, health and wellness, and environmental sustainability.