Just started getting my nails done at the local salon here in the Pudong District Area, Shanghai. Here they serve wine while you get your nails done, and they have every acrylic nail color under the sun! I chose silver with prismatic sparkles. Omg I love them!
Although it’s harder to do some simple tasks I’m accustomed to (e.g., taking out contacts, opening coke zero cans), it’s not hard to adjust. The biggest thing to look out for is to not smash your fingers when trying to manipulate objects that require some torque to operate.
- The nails are strong, gorgeous, and shaped to any length and tip style you like!
- Relatively inexpensive to upkeep (as opposed to gel nails, which arguably cause the same amount of damage to your skin via UV radiation as constant acetone exposure).
- They never chip!
- Have to go back to the salon monthly for upkeep.
- Removal with the polishing tool sometimes feels uncomfortable if the nail artist polishes a little too deep.
- Smashing fingernails is common. You have to carry your keys around with you to open cans, which is different from what you’re probably originally accustomed to.
In all, would definitely recommend!
Rozalyn Davis holds an M.S., Chemistry, from the University of California, Berkeley, and a B.S., Chemistry, from Purdue University. Her interests include women’s empowerment, health and wellness, and environmental sustainability.